Animal Admission Policies
Please note that we are currently at our capacity for cats and kittens. Anyone finding a stray cat or kittens, even within the City of Berea, MUST make an appointment to bring the animals to us. We cannot accept animals dropped off without an appointment. This is a temporary situation and we appreciate your cooperation as we work to resolve our overcrowding.
If you currently have a stray or kittens, please fill out the online Surrender Form so we can work toward finding available space or fosters.
Berea Residents: Berea ARF accepts most stray animals found within the City of Berea. For strays found within Berea limits, Berea residents can bring the animal to the shelter facility, located at 10015 E. River Road in Columbia Twp. between the hours of 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm. You must bring proof of residency for ARF to accept the animal directly.
Stray animals found by non-Berea residents: If you find a stray animal and live in any other city than Berea, please call that city’s Animal Control Officer or Police Department non-emergency number for assistance.
• Olmsted Falls: 440-235-1234
• Olmsted Township: 440-235-3335
• Middleburg Heights: 440-243-1234
• Strongsville: 440-238-7373
• Columbia Township: 440-326-5995
• Berea: 440-234-1234 (for non-residents finding a stray in Berea)
• Cleveland: Stray Cat – 216-771-8825
• Cleveland: Stray Dog – 216-664-3069
– Neither Berea ARF nor the City of Berea are able to accept feral cats.
– Berea ARF is not equipped to provide hospital care