Help Us Mash The Dash
YOUR HELP IS NEEDED for one of our most important fundraisers for the shelter! Won’t you please lend a hand to ARF with our 11th Monster Mutt Dash 5K Run/1 Mile Fun Walk & Howl-O-Ween Afterparty?
You don’t have to be an existing/trained ARF Volunteer to help! Just plan to join “TEAM DASH” for a fun-filled day and help homeless animals! The Dash has quickly become the shelter’s #1 fundraising event; helping ARF continue its mission to provide loving care to the animals that enter our doors until loving fur-ever homes are found. Last year we were able to help more than 1,000 needy animals with the help of funds raised at events like the Dash!
WHAT’S the SCOOP? + Event Donors & Volunteers are badly needed! + Scheduling options are flexible. + Please be sure to invite your friends and family to help or participate too!
HELP US MASH THE DASH BY MAKING ITEM DONATIONS:
Please see below for a list of items and donation drop off directions.
Thank you for helping us and the animals who depend on us!
DASH WISH LIST: Please contact us if you are donating perishables (fruit, bakery, etc.) to arrange delivery/pick-up, etc at ARFDash@gmail.com
- Cases of Canned Soda Pop & Bottle Water (no glass please)
- Gift cards to retailers: Costco, Marcs, Giant Eagle
- Unopened boxes of granola bars with an expiration dates no earlier than 11/1/19
- Bananas: 6 cases / large boxes
- Apples: 80lbs / variety of types
- Muffins / Bakery / Bagels: 700 pieces
- Fruit Juice: 25 gallons
- “Autumn” type outdoor decorations: pumpkins, stalks, hay bales, mums
- Monetary Donations
- Pop-Up Tents
DASH RAFFLE BASKET ITEM DONATIONS WISH LIST:
- NIGHT OUT : gift certificates to restaurants, movie theaters, grocery store, bottles of wine, wine glasses, cork screws, wine related nick knacks
- FIESTA : margarita mix, booze, bright fiesta serving bowls, chips & salsa, glasses, napkins
- TAILGATE: cooler, booze, beverages, snacks, sport team items like t shirts, hats, glass wear, game tickets
- KITCHEN: cookie sheet pans, muffin pans, cake/loaf pans, measuring cups & teaspoons, utensils, pot holders, cake and muffin mixes, cook books, etc.
- SPA: Gift certificates for massage. hair or nails, comfy fleece blanket, body scrubbers, body lotions, shampoos, scented soaps, candles, coffees, teas
- KIDS: stickers, coloring books, crayons, chalk, games, action figures, bubble juice, cars, trucks, puzzles, books, toys of all kind for boys and girls.
- CAT: beds, blankets, scratch pads or posts, litter pans, ceramic bowls, food and treats, toys, nail clippers, brushes, combs, pet store gift certificates
- DOG: beds, blankets, leashes, collars, treats, food, chew bones, poop bags and dispensers, bowls, nail clippers, brushes, combs, toys, gift certificates
- MISCELLANEOUS: LOTTERY TICKETS, coffee mugs with cats,dogs or cute sayings, signs, nick knacks, gift certificates to stores, etc.
- Instant lottery tickets
- Completed Raffle Baskets or Donations of Wine, Gourmet Items, etc.
- Craft Supplies to make baskets: baskets, colored confetti stuffer, sheer plastic rolls, ribbons and bows.
(These items are most needed by Oct. 5th email us if you have them to donate.)
DASH DONATION DROP-OFF INFORMATION: Please drop off by Saturday, October 5th to allow us time to organize donations. We’re happy to accept anything listed above and any additional related items for gift baskets we will be making. Please drop us an email if you’re planning to make a donation, if you have any questions and/or items to donate but can’t make it to the ARF Shelter – at ARFDash@gmail.com
- DROP OFF AT THE ARF SHELTER:
The ARF Shelter is located at 390 Barrett Road, Berea OH 44107 [Map It]
- 24/7 Donation Drop Off at Shelter: You can drop off non-perishable / weather resistant, non-cash/valuable donations in the ARF Donation Bins out front. Please mark them “Monster Mutt Dash”
- Open Hour Donation Drop Off at the Shelter: You can drop off donations of any type during our open hours: Monday-Friday: 3:30 -8pm / Saturday & Sunday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm.
Please come into the Main/Brick building and ask for a friendly ARF Volunteer or Staff Member to assist you. Please mark items “Monster Mutt Dash
- MAIL IN DONATIONS: Gift Cards, Scratch Off Ohio Lottery Tix and Monetary Donations may be mailed to Berea ARF/Attn: Monster Mutt, P.O. Box 544, Berea OH 44017
MANY WONDERFUL VOLUNTEERS/SUPPORTERS = MANY WAYS TO MAKE MONSTERIFIC IMPACT!
Volunteer Some Time and get a super cool official Dash Volunteer T-shirt! (Guaranteed if you sign up by Midnight, Friday, September 27th. After that, it’s while supplies last!)
Volunteer Before the Dash:
+ Oct. 11th. Friday. ARF Shelter for Pre-Race Day Packet Pick-Up: MOST HELP NEEDED 2:30-5:30pm – OR – 5:00-8:00pm
Volunteer at the Dash: Oct. 12th, Saturday. Fairgrounds, Berea
+ MOST HELP NEEDED: Set-up: 7:00am – 10:00am: Unload trucks; set-up tables, chairs & tents; decorations; hang signage and race check-in/course. After your shift – WHY NOT stick around and enjoy the Howl-O-Ween Party!!
+ Howl-O-Ween Party: 10:0am – 1pm: Games, food tent, ARF tables and raffle ticket sales.
+ MOST HELP NEEDED: Break-Down: 12:30pm – 2:30pm: Trash busters; tear down tables, chairs & tents; pack up and load trucks & cars; unload at storage venue. WHY NOT come a little before your shift starts and check out the Howl-O-Ween Party!Shifts are flexible if your time is limited! Please just drop us an email =)
Contact the TeamDash Volunteer Coordinator today to let us know you’re lending a paw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds
19201 E. Bagley Road, Berea, Ohio 44017
Please use the main Fairgrounds entrance off of Bagley Road (not the Eastland Road entrance.)